Thursday, July 16, 2015

School's Out for Summer

Hey, everybody! Last week’s post from John was a preview of the letter going out to the people of SEEEDville as we speak. So that means I have two weeks to catch y’all up on. We’ve been scrambling around the office with each of us working on our own projects, so I’ll let John tell you about marketing and all that fun stuff.

basically John :)

This week was also the end of SEEED’s first session of Life Skills Training for Emerald Youth’s Just Lead. School may be out, but those kids were working hard and cracking us all up while they did it. Here’s a little sample of some of the goals those 14 and 15 year old young men and women set with us at SEEED:
  • “Make sure my family is financially stable and well.”
  • “Stop feeding into negativity.
  • “Be making at least second honor roll by next year.”
  • “I want to get closer to God.”
  • “I want to be a chef, and I want to own my own restaurant.”
  • “Be myself.”


Over the summer, we covered topics like how to shake hands and introduce yourself, goal setting, and figuring out what you value. To celebrate wrapping up, the kids each picked a peach from SEEED’s edible forest, some of the first fruit of the year.





Take care, y’all!

-Lee

No comments:

Post a Comment